PGP BA & DS
Post Graduate Program In Business Analytics & Decision Science
focused on interdisciplinary applications of analytics in business using AI, ML, mathematics, statistics, technology & design thinking.
The PG Program in Business Analytics and Decison Science at KIAMS is designed strategically to enhance students’ business analytical functional and technical skills in decision making at the highest level for the organization". Following an exceptional blend of experiential and traditional learning methods, the students of business analytics specializations are enabled to learn a range of issues that are integral to business decisions throughout their course. Having a team of talented and experienced in-house and visiting faculty members, the students are taught using hands-on lab sessions, case studies, live mini projects, faculty and industry experts’ interactions and presentations, group discussions, research work and so on.
Why Business Analytics?
It should come as no surprise that business intelligence and data analytics is one of the fastest growing markets in the 2019 enterprise software landscape. Today's businesses are growing increasingly digital and are capable of accurately measuring every aspect of their operations, from marketing to human resources analytics, in real-time.
However, data in its raw form is usually useless, and the driving force behind any data-driven organization is insights: conclusions drawn from the data, which can suggest a new course of action. To reach these insights, organizations must use business analytics tools and techniques to connect data from multiple sources, analyze the data, and communicate the results in ways that decision-makers can understand.
Why program in Business Analytics and Decision Science?
In this technology driven era of business, the quantum of data that the organizations gather at every moment is growing exponentially. However, they are not sure how to make use of these enormous amount of data. As the demand for data analytics skill sets that help organizations to create a decision support system that can learn, predict, adapt & operate, is experiencing a massive growth coupled with huge deficit in supply, it has created an enormous talent gap in corporate world. IBM predicts that the number of job openings in the area of Data Analytics would go up to 2,720,000 by 2020 in the US alone.To bridge this huge gap, academia must be agile & responsive to literate the current & future workforce in various areas of Decision Science &Analytics. McKinsey rightly points out, “Big data promises big things - but only if organizations have the right people in place who know what to do with it”.
- To prepare students for successful careers helping organizations make better decisions through analytics.
- The PG Program in Business Analytics and Data Science is designed to prepare students for the data driven business world of the 21st century and to balance students with leadership aspirations with both the technical and quantitative skills and abilities necessary to effectively utilize data and strong communication, organizational management and general consulting knowledge.
- Graduates of our program are capable of transforming large, unclean data sets into usable and actionable information, while also presenting and communicating these results and recommendations to business leaders in order to create results and enact change.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of big data analytics.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically in making decisions based on data and deep analytics.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use technical skills in predicative and prescriptive modeling to support business decision-making.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to translate data into clear, actionable insights.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills that facilitate the effective presentation of analysis results.