B.Com in Business Analytics
At KIM, we strive to produce future business leaders who are innovative, flexible and extremely competent in using business tools and concepts, whilst drawing on their understanding of the real world and global awareness.
Bachelor of Commerce in Business Analytics (B.Com.-B.A.) of Kirloskar Institute of Management, Harihar is a four–year full time programme spread over six semesters of classroom interaction and two semesters of dissertation project.
The students will be required to attend lectures and seminars, and produce coursework or a thesis in an advanced topic integrating and applying several subjects learnt during the degree program. Students may also need to attend workshops in quantitative methods, create projects to put theory into practice, and go to speakers’ events attended by industry professionals.
The curriculum consists of 176 Credits which consists of class room teaching and non-classroom teaching courses such as research paper analysis, business sector analysis and live virtual project/MOOCs.
The complete programme of study will consist of courses distributed over eight semesters with two semesters per year. The proposed syllabus outline is as follows:
BACHELOR DEGREE WITH HONORS
Experience of workplace problem solving in the form of internship or research experience preparing for higher education or entrepreneurship experience.
- One Hour of Lecture is equal to 1 credit
- One Hour of Tutorial is equal to 1 credit (Except 1 Languages)
- Two Hours of Practical is equal to 1 credit
- AECC: Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course
- DSCC: Discipline Specific Core Course
- SEC-SC/VB: Skill Enhancement Course- Skill Based/Value Based
- OEC: Open Elective Course
- DSE: Discipline Specific Elective