- KIAMS has been ranked No.4 in India, just behind the IIMs, in the NHRDN-People Matters B-School Ranking 2016 for Leadership & Governance., KIAMS was also highly rated on many other aspects, including:
- 16th in Corporate Connectedness
- 21st in Accreditation & Linkages
- 26th in Faculty Profile
- 28th in Infrastructure
- Ranked A++ consistently by Business India
- Ranked 10th among best private B-Schools in Karnataka by GHRDC
- Ranked 43rd among top private B-Schools in India by Business World
- Ranked 32nd among best private B-Schools in India by Careers 360
- AAA+ among best private B-Schools in South India by Careers 360
- Ranked 48th among top B-Schools in India by Outlook
- Ranked 25th in what if not IIMs B-School Survey 2016 by Silicon India
- Received National Education Award of "B-School with Industry Related Curriculum in Market " by ABP
- Received Knowledge Management Leadership Award at Taj Dubai Asia Education Award 2015 ALA-Dubai
- Received Knowledge Management Leadership Award 2016 at Malaysia by GpTGGTA-2015
- CSR Top Institutes of India Award for the year 2016
- Outstanding Education Institute Overall ABP
Director - KIAMS, Harihar & Senior Professor Strategic Management
- Won 2nd prize for the Case study "Tata Teleservices Ltd and NTT DoCoMo: A strategic Tie Up" at the International Case Study Competition organized by John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada in January 2012.
Won 2nd Runner up prize for case study, "Hero Honda Motor Ltd.: A Long Lasting Joint Venture", at the International Case Study Competition organized by John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada in January 2012.
Won 2nd prize in the "Best Research Paper Competition" for the paper titled "Trends in Handloom Exports: A strategic Analysis", organised by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), and Canadian Consortium of Management Schools (CCMS), Canada, at MDI, Gurgaon, on 26th Aug 1994.
Prof. Bidyanand Jha
- Received Second Prize by presenting the paper titled "Perception towards usage of MObile internet for e-commerce: Study od Indian Teens" at the 7th Annual International researchg conference on Managemant & Finance held on 14th December 2012 at Center of Banking studies of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, University of Colombo.
Prof. Vinay Bhushan
Senior Lecturer - IT & Systems
- Received Best Faculty Award from Karnataka College, Dharwad in 2004
- Received Best Academic Cordinator Award in Nation Level Conference held at ICFAI National College Mysore in 2008.
- National Education Award for the “B-School with Industry Related Curriculum in Marketing” by ABP News
- Knowledge Management Leadership Award by World HRD Congress and Endorsed by World Thought Leaders. At the same ceremony, Dr. C N Narayana, Director, KIAMS received the “Visionary Leader Award” for excellence in teaching and Leadership” by World Thought Leaders and World Education Congress
- The Golden Globe Tigers 2016 Education Leadership Knowledge Management Leadership Award at a ceremony in Malaysia
- The Competition Success Review awarded KIAMS the 'Top Institutes of India' award in April 2016
- ABP News also awarded KIAMS as an Outstanding Education Institute Overall
- Educational Excellence Award by Indo American Education Summit 2016
- "Visionry Leadership Award" in Management Teaching, Research & Leadership at the World Education Congress and Thought Leaders in 2015 (July)
- "Best Professor of the Year" - "World Wide Achievers Award" at Asia Education Summit 2015. He was also the Keynote Speaker at the summit. (April 2015)
- "Best HR Professor of B-Schools" - February 2015 (7th DNA - Innovative B-School Awards, February 2015)
- "Best HRM Professor of B-Schools" - November 2014 (22nd Devang Mehta Award, November 2014)
- "Time Research Leadership Award" of Business Schools, 2012-13
- "Life Time Achievement Award" for contribution to management Education by Asia Knowledge Management Leadership and Global Thought Leaders in Dubai on October 6th 2015.
- "Knowledge Management Leadership Award" for knowledge and Research Contribution in Management Education by Asia Management Leadership & Though Leaders in October 2015.
- "Indo - Global Best Director Award for B-Schools" by Indo Global Chamber of Commerce and Industries and International Association for Academics and Research in February 2016.
- "Indo-Global Exemplary Educationist Award" by Indo Global Chamber of Commerce and Industries and International Association for Academics and Research in February 2016.
- "Outstanding Asian Faculty in HR" Golden Globe Tigers Awards held in April 2016 at Malaysia for Education Leadership A.
- "Knowledge Management Leadership Award " – Golden Globe Tigers Awards held in April 2016 at Malaysia for Education Leadership.
- "Eminent Educationist Award" by Indo-American Education Summit in September 2016.
- "Bharat Vidhya Sheromani Award" for Excellence in Education and Leadership in September 2016 awarded by International Business Council, at New Delhi, India and a Gold Medal for Excellence in Management Education."
- Dr. C.N.Narayana has also won several awards from 1987 to 2010in Godrej, GE, Thermax, Xerox Corporation and RPG Enterprise